The Protectli mPCIe 802.11ac WiFi module is a high performance, half-height mPCIe form factor, Dual Band, WiFi module that supports 802.11ac, MU-MIMO, and Bluetooth 5.0. The module is compatible with the FW2B and FW6A/B/C/D/E Vaults. It is not compatible with the FW4B because although the FW4B supports the mPCIe form factor, communications are via USB.
The kit includes 2 internal micro coax cables and 2 WiFi antennas. This module and drivers are supported by Ubuntu/Debian Linux distributions, Windows 10, OpenWrt and other operating systems. Note that it is not supported in pfSense® CE and OPNsense due to very limited WiFi support in the underlying FreeBSD.
- Specification: WiFi 802.11 ac/a/b/g/n at 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz
- Chipset: Qualcomm Atheros QCA-6174A-5
- Transmission Rate: 800 Mbps
- Bandwidth support: 20MHz/40MHz
- Access Technology: MU-MIMO (2T2R)
- Security: WEP 64/128, WPA, WPA2, WPA3, 802.1x
- Bluetooth 5.0
- Advanced Power Management for low power consumption
- Size: Half Height mini PCIe